I think we can all agree on this: what a wild year it’s been!
2021 flew by in the blink of an eye… probably because this was my busiest year EVER!
This year, I…
- Continued to grow my studio photography business, meeting MORE amazing families, hanging out with the coolest kids in town, and made big moves in my new favorite session type, headshots & personal branding!
- Expanded my other business, Vizzso, and introduced lots of video clips and gifs into our product offerings (go check it out if you’re in need of stock photography or custom content for your brand!)
- Launched the thing I’ve been dreaming of for YEARS: MDP EDU! I have been wanting to educate other photographers and help them achieve their goals for as long as I can remember, and finally hitting publish on the new website, online shop, and social media channels had me crying long-awaited tears of pure JOY
- Though travel got a little sidelined with Covid, it was amazing to stay local and spend quality time with family & friends
- Brought on a brand new team member, my all-star Studio Manager Melissa, who keeps things with the photography side running smooth
And, after all that, we closed out the year with a classic: Funny Faces Mini Sessions! They were the perfect way to celebrate the joy of the holidays and to relax and let loose after the highs and lows of 2021.
I’m a FIRM believer in being your own hype-man. Though sometimes I feel like I’m not enough, or like I’m not DOING enough, sitting down to reflect on all my achievements this year was the best thing I could have done. I worked hard, played hard, and, at the end of the year, can see that there’s a LOT for me to be proud of.
But I couldn’t have done ANY of it without you!
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for supporting me in every single achievement. I met my goals and made new ones all because of you. You booked sessions, bought artwork, read my blogs, replied to my newsletters, watched my Reels, and so much more.